With companies and organisations continuing to work during the pandemic, there is a need to ensure that new first aiders can be trained and first aid certificates can be renewed; accordingly any training must be safe for the instructor and candidates with respect to Covid19.
- We will carry out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment for each training session and will share the results with the group concerned and keep a record of the assessment.
- We have cleaning and hygiene procedures for each training session in line with current guidance. Each learner will be given their own equipment to use.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that two metre social distancing is maintained during training sessions.
- Where practical skills need to be demonstrated, face masks and gloves must be worn. Alternatively, learners can demonstrate these skills on themselves and provide a verbal update to evidence understanding.
- We will screen all training locations and trainees attending courses at the start of every session.
- We always review our safety procedures on a regular basis.